[comp.sys.ibm.pc] serial port cards + database product

sundar@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Sundar Narasimhan) (08/02/88)

Hi:
Does the PS-2 Model 50 have an alternate serial port? If it does,
does anyone know of software that will run a program on a terminal
connected to this serial port? Specifically, is there any standard
database product that already has this capability?

If it doesn't have an extra serial port, does anyone have any
recommendations for serial port boards that can be used for this
purpose?

-Sundar

sullivan@phyllis.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (08/02/88)

In article <3066@hermes.ai.mit.edu> sundar@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Sundar Narasimhan) writes:
>Hi:
>Does the PS-2 Model 50 have an alternate serial port? If it does,

>If it doesn't have an extra serial port, does anyone have any
>recommendations for serial port boards that can be used for this
>purpose?

We recently bought an IBM "dual async card".  2 ports.  We don't know
if it works yet since we are still trying to find a pinout diagram to
make a cable.  It has db9 connectors, and evidently uses different pin
assignments than the AT.  Can you believe this?  We couldn't.  And just
try to find any useful information in the documentation that comes with
it.

Does anyone know the pin assignments?

Fred Sullivan				SUNY at Binghamton
Dept. Math. Sciences			Binghamton, NY 13903
					sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu
First you make a roux!