[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS Flight Simulator 3.0 bug

gopstein@soleil.UUCP (Rich Gopstein) (08/02/88)

  There is a bug in my (5.25 inch, IBM) copy of MS flight simulator 3.0.
It would be interesting to see if others have this problem.  I called
MS, and they said that it had already been reported, but it was an inter-
mittent problem.  I doesn't seem to be intermittent on my machine, it always
fails.

  The bug:

    When flying from south to north, Napa Airport is MISSING until you've
flown a couple of miles north of it, then it magically appears in back of
you.  When flying south toward it, the airport is visible until you're a mile
to two out, at which point it vanishes.

    I have only tried this with the cessna, I assume that it also fails with
the jet.

Rich
--
Rich Gopstein

..!rutgers!soleil!gopstein
rbg%smvl.decnet@ge-crd.com

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (08/03/88)

In article <350@soleil.UUCP>, gopstein@soleil.UUCP (Rich Gopstein) writes:

>     When flying from south to north, Napa Airport is MISSING until you've
> flown a couple of miles north of it, then it magically appears in back of
> you.

     Have you also noticed that images of Rod Sterling  keep appearing
in the side window ?  :-)  Sorry, couldn't resist.

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: wa3wbu!john@uunet.UU.NET

nathanm@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Nathan K. Meyers) (08/04/88)

>     When flying from south to north, Napa Airport is MISSING until you've
> flown a couple of miles north of it, then it magically appears in back of
> you.  When flying south toward it, the airport is visible until you're a mile
> to two out, at which point it vanishes.

The problem is not with Flight Simulator, it is with Napa.  The same
thing happens when you fly there in a real airplane.  Some blame it on
the wine, others on the hippies who moved there from San Francisco.
Clint Eastwood is rumored to be considering a bid for mayor of Napa just
to address this very problem.  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Nathan Meyers
nathanm@hp-pcd