[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need Printer Control TSR

rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) (08/02/88)

I need a TSR program to pass long printer Codes to an HP laserJet.
The smaller the better, but it must be able to handle long strings of
code, or at least be able to tie multiple strings together.

Anyone have such a beast???

Thanks,
Rich
rbourass@udenva

normd@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Norman S. Dancer) (08/04/88)

In article <10547@udenva.cair.du.edu> rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) writes:
>I need a TSR program to pass long printer Codes to an HP laserJet.
>The smaller the better, but it must be able to handle long strings of
>code, or at least be able to tie multiple strings together.

About 6 months ago (watch the time estimate - time gets away from me) PC Mag
published a program called ASPRN.COM for that purpose.  Now for a couple of
things that weren't clear in the article:  ASPRN uses nulls for string
deliniation and sometimes printers want to see nulls.  If that is the case,
try sending your printer a zero (decimal 048) rather than a null (decimal
000).  To send codes such as escape you can use the escape key (I know -
brilliant observation) but how to send a decimal 014?  The trick, as you
probably well know, is to hold down the ALT key and type in the decimal
code on the numeric keypad (the standard numbers above the QWERTY keys
won't work) and releasing the ALT key to register a single byte in decimal.

Sorry, net, for this long reply, but email wouldn't reach - something about
unknown address - sounds like the post office!