[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Fido & Usenet

kevin@iisat.UUCP (Kevin Davies) (07/31/88)

Can someone direct to the person to correspond with about obtaining
the changes required for a Fido BBS (running version 11) to allow
passing articles between it and a UUCP based site.

I know there's a gateway in the states somewhere which has this
working and would like to set up something similar locally.

Any information would be appreciated.
--
Kevin Davies		International Information Service (IIS)
UUCP:  {uunet,utai,watmath}!dalcs!iisat!kevin

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (08/03/88)

In article <93@iisat.UUCP> kevin@iisat.UUCP (Kevin Davies) writes:
>Can someone direct to the person to correspond with about obtaining
>the changes required for a Fido BBS (running version 11) to allow
>passing articles between it and a UUCP based site.
>
>I know there's a gateway in the states somewhere which has this
>working and would like to set up something similar locally.
>
>Any information would be appreciated.

    Drop a note to me or you can give me a call at work (415)
    788-2022.

    The package is almost in release, but if you are hot to trot
    about sending mail now, there are a number of INTERNET and
    UUCP gateways existing.  I can give you more info about that
    to.
	      Tim

--
 ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar
                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406
  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904
       USNail:  KKSF / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108

root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) (08/06/88)

In article <93@iisat.UUCP> kevin@iisat.UUCP (Kevin Davies) writes:
>Can someone direct to the person to correspond with about obtaining
>the changes required for a Fido BBS (running version 11) to allow
>passing articles between it and a UUCP based site.

You can get the FIDO to uucp gateway source code from conexch if you have
uucp capability.  It is in /usr3/public/fidogate.tar.Z.  You'll also
need uncompress and tar to extract the files.  There's an L.sys line
in the signature.  Have fun.

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)