[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS 4.0 - Free Memory - CHKDSK

edelhoff@exunido.uucp (Volker Edelhoff) (08/05/88)

To: spolsky@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP
Subject: Re: RAM use in 4.0 (was Re DOS 4.0)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Bcc:

Is there anybody out there who is able to start a simple
CHKDSK
under DOS 4.0!

I would like to know how much free memory it reports.

mfg

Volker, 050888,13:42

E-MAIL: edelhoff@unido.bitnet

chasm@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Charles Marslett) (08/08/88)

In article <533@laura.UUCP>, edelhoff@exunido.uucp (Volker Edelhoff) writes:

> Is there anybody out there who is able to start a simple
> CHKDSK
> under DOS 4.0!
>
> I would like to know how much free memory it reports.
>
> mfg
> Volker, 050888,13:42
> E-MAIL: edelhoff@unido.bitnet

I haven't done it with the real thing, but a Beta copy IBM sent to
STB reported (using the MEM command) over 36 Mbytes of EXTENDED memory on
my V20 based Heathkit!  (The Under-640K size was a much more realistic 584,336
bytes of 655,360 total).

Charles Marslett
STB Systems, Inc.   <== All standard disclaimers apply here . . .
chasm@killer.dallas.tx.us