[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Nostalgic Memories

I was unpacking some dishes left over from a move in April of 1983.  I
got started reading the newspapers that they were packed in
I came across the following ad in the (Portland) Oregonian:

	   IBM
	 PERSONAL
	 COMPUTER
	  OWNERS!

	256K Memory
	 Boards for
	Only $995.00

	Save $450.00

	 Full 1 year
	  Warranty
	 Fast 200 NS
	Memory Access.
	Call or Write;
	    DATA
	  CONCEPTS
--
nelson@clutx.bitnet, nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu, uunet!clutx.clarkson.edu!nelson

romero@mind.UUCP (Antonio Romero) (08/09/88)

In article <NELSON.88Aug7222056@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>, nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
> I was unpacking some dishes left over from a move in April of 1983.  I
> got started reading the newspapers that they were packed in
> I came across the following ad in the (Portland) Oregonian:
>	   IBM PERSONAL COMPUTER OWNERS!
>	256K Memory Boards for Only $995.00 -Save $450.00
>	Full 1 year Warranty Fast 200 NS Memory Access.
>	Call or Write; ADVANCED DATA CONCEPTS

I recently ran across another interesting piece of history--
an ad for a Novell CP/M based (I think) multi-user computer
that probably ran rings around the original PC in its day...
This was in a Byte from early 1983, if memory serves.
This same magazine also had ads for 4K and 16K DRAMS for Apples...
Atari 400's and 800's... all kinds of great stuff.
Isn't ancient history fun?

-Antonio Romero    romero@mind.princeton.edu