[comp.sys.ibm.pc] What service

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (08/01/88)

After my posting describing a bug and problems converting
from MSC 4.0 to 5.1, Joel Soderberg (sp.?) of Microsoft
gave me a ring and explained some of the features of and
rationales for 5.1.  He even offered to send me a DOS-only
setup program to avoid the hassles of the default DOS-OS/2
combined SETUP version (mandating separate hard disk
directories for DOS-OS/2 .EXE files and DOS-only .EXE
files -- on a DOS-only machine, they are really the same).

I'd just like to add a thank you to Joel and Microsoft.
It is nice to see responses from vendors, and to see that
they read the net.

Thanks again,
Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP: bungia!pai!erc              | having

scott@h-three.UUCP (scott) (08/12/88)

In article <119@pai.UUCP>, erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) writes:
> After my posting describing a bug and problems converting
> from MSC 4.0 to 5.1, Joel Soderberg (sp.?) of Microsoft
> gave me a ring and explained some of the features of and
> rationales for 5.1.  He even offered to send me a DOS-only
> setup program to avoid the hassles of the default DOS-OS/2
> combined SETUP version (mandating separate hard disk
> It is nice to see responses from vendors, and to see that
> they read the net.

Hey, Microsoft ! About those replacement binders you promised
to send me about three months ago ... . If I complain on
a public medium, will I get adequate service ?
--
Scott H. Crenshaw			scott@h-three
h-three Systems Corporation             uunet!h-three!scott