[comp.sys.ibm.pc] UDP/TCP library for MSDOS

rohlicek@bbn.com (Robin Rohlicek) (08/13/88)

I'm looking for a software library for TCP or UDP communication for a
PC using ethernet.  I want to set up a PC as a data acquisition
"server" and ship the results directly to a Sun over ethernet.  I'm
not too worried about the Sun end but I don't know what is available
for the PC end.  I'm interested in both commercial and public domain
solutions.

Thanks,

Robin Rohlicek.
BBN Labs, Cambridge MA.

madd@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Jim Frost) (08/24/88)

In article <28397@bbn.COM> rohlicek@bbn.com (Robin Rohlicek) writes:
|I'm looking for a software library for TCP or UDP communication for a
|PC using ethernet.  I want to set up a PC as a data acquisition
|"server" and ship the results directly to a Sun over ethernet.  I'm
|not too worried about the Sun end but I don't know what is available
|for the PC end.  I'm interested in both commercial and public domain
|solutions.

Check out FTP Software, Cambridge MA.  They have a MSC library that
does TCP/IP.   While I haven't used it, I did go through the
documentation and was impressed.  There are ports of many UNIX-style
networking utilities and some other interesting things.  Sorry, no
phone number, but info can be had from sam@vax.ftp.com.

#include <std.disclaimer.h>

jim frost
madd@bu-it.bu.edu

rcsmith@anagld.UUCP (Ray Smith) (08/24/88)

In article <24518@bu-cs.BU.EDU> madd@bu-it.bu.edu (Jim Frost) writes:
>Check out FTP Software, Cambridge MA.  They have a MSC library that
>does TCP/IP.   While I haven't used it, I did go through the
>documentation and was impressed.  There are ports of many UNIX-style
>networking utilities and some other interesting things.  Sorry, no
>phone number, but info can be had from sam@vax.ftp.com.

FTP Software, Inc.
P.O. Box 150
Kendall Square Branch
Boston, MA 02142
(617) 868-4878

You may also want to look into PC-NFS from your local Sun folks or FUSION
Network Software from:

Network Research Corporation
2380 N. Rose Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 485-2700

Hope these help.
-Ray
Ray Smith      | LandNet: Suite 200, 9891 Broken Land Pky, Columbia, MD 21046
Analytics, Inc.|  GEnie : rcsmith
(301) 381-4300 |  CIS   : 72000,1111