[net.general] What is this group for?

prarie@wobegon.UUCP (04/01/85)

I'm new to the net. What is this group for?

	-- Garrison

fbp@cybvax0.UUCP (Rick Peralta) (04/04/85)

In article <11@wobegon.UUCP> prarie@wobegon.UUCP writes:
>I'm new to the net. What is this group for?
>
>	-- Garrison

Why isn't there a net.rookie ?  It would be a wonderfull thing for
everyone.  A haven where simple questions could be asked and standard
articles could be exchanged.

				     Rick
				...!cybvax0!fbp

Just think - a place to call home !

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (04/07/85)

In article <443@cybvax0.UUCP> fbp@cybvax0.UUCP (Rick Peralta) writes:
>Why isn't there a net.rookie ?  It would be a wonderfull thing for
>everyone.  A haven where simple questions could be asked and standard
>articles could be exchanged.
>

>				     Rick

There is such a group -- it's called "net.announce.newusers".  I post a
set of standard articles to that group once a month.  Check them out.

I also post an article once a month to net.general explaining
its use.

Check them out.