[comp.sys.ibm.pc] External 5 1/4 floppy and Screen Dimmer for PS2

delesh@pacsbb.UUCP (david elesh) (08/29/88)

I recently purchased a Model 70 and am looking for an external 360K
floppy less expensive than the IBM.  Suggestions?  Is there a
screen dimming program that works on the PS2?  The one I have SCRNSAVE.COM
locks up the 7

rob@conexch.UUCP (Robert Collins) (08/30/88)

In article <411@pacsbb.UUCP> delesh@pacsbb.UUCP (david  elesh) writes:

>I recently purchased a Model 70 and am looking for an external 360K
>floppy less expensive than the IBM.  Suggestions?  Is there a
>screen dimming program that works on the PS2?  The one I have SCRNSAVE.COM

I am just finishing up the last touches on a screen saver for EGA, and
I'd bet it will work for your PS/2 also.  I got tired of these useless
programs that don't work for EGA, or require ~5k user memory to save the
screen.  My version switches to an unused video page (after determining
which page isn't being used), and then back when you hit a key, or video
output.  It takes up 668 bytes of user memory.  I intend on distributing
the source code (as I do with all my programs) and I built in
optimization for 8086, '286, or '386 depending on compilation options.
If any of you would like the program, when I'm done, it can be found at
the Consultants' Exchange BBS (714) 842-6348.

Robert Collins

--
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."  Mat. 4:10
Robert Collins                 UUCP:  ucbvax!ucivax!icnvax!conexch!rob

skl@van-bc.UUCP (Samuel Lam) (08/31/88)

In article <411@pacsbb.UUCP>, delesh@pacsbb.UUCP (david elesh) wrote:
> Is there a screen dimming program that works on the PS2?  The one I
> have SCRNSAVE.COM locks up the 7

Yes, such a screen blanker has just been submitted to the moderator
of comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  This one will work on the PS/2 model 50
and above.

--
Samuel Lam     {alberta,watmath,uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!ubc-cs!van-bc!skl