[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Software needed TSR vt100 terminal emulator, idea organizer

allanon@ucrmath.UUCP (Kenneth Leung) (09/05/88)

I am looking for the following programs, does anyone know of anything
like below?

1. A Memory resident vt100 emulator, I don't need background download
   just a vanilla memory resident vt100 emulator

2. I collect info from Usenet a lot, small stuff like caviat mail order
   houses, hard disk reviews, machine reviews. etc. and they collect in
   small files with less than 50 lines sometime and it is a PAIN in storage
   and searching for a right info when needed. Anybody knows some program
    that allows me to collect misc. info and org. and search within the
    contents?  Has anyone used LOtus Agenda or TORNADO? Are they
    suitable for my purposes?

thanx in adv.

-ken

"Stand by, sir. Miracle worker at work."   STIV

Computer Consultant, Graduate School of Management,
University of California, Riverside. CA 92507
UUCP:   {ucbvax!ucdavis,ucsd,ucivax}!ucrmath!allanon
BITNET: JANE@UCRVMS
ARPA:   ucrmath!allanon@ucsd.edu

patrick@crcmar.uucp (Andrew Patrick) (09/07/88)

In article <397@ucrmath.UUCP> allanon@ucrmath.UUCP (Kenneth Leung) writes:
>I am looking for the following programs, does anyone know of anything
>like below?
>    Has anyone used LOtus Agenda or TORNADO? Are they
>    suitable for my purposes?

We use TORNADO (it used to be called TORNADO NOTES) here quite
religiously.  It is basically a program that does random storage of
various "post-it"-like notes, with some nice search and display
utilities.  I allows you to keep all your notes in one big file, or
organize them into different files.  It will import from files or the
screen (including the PROCOMM screen - good for USENET), and will
export as well.  It will run in conventional or TSR pop-up mode.  The
documentation is good (and almost not needed), and it is quite
customizable.

The only hesitation I have is that I have is that if your notes are
longer than 24 lines, TORNADO will only display the first 24 lines
until you scroll the screen.  This does not affect the ability to
search for text in those hidden lines, however.

TORNADO is available from:
Micro Logic Corp.
POB 174, 100 2nd St.
Hackensack, N.J. 07602
(201) 342-6518

Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Communications Research Center, Ottawa, CANADA

SmartMail: patrick@crcmar.uucp  UUCP: ...utzoo!bnr-vpa!bnr-rsc!crcmar!patrick
BITNET: patrick%crcmar@UTORGPU  ARPA: dgbt@ncs-dre.arpa

       "Might as well be frank, monsieur. It would take a miracle to
                    get you out of Casablanca."