[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Using 720kb 3.5" as 1.44 meg diskettruncated

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (09/07/88)

In article <16800364@clio> berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

>Do you REALLY have confidence in your testing methods?  I've had very
>bad luck using fc to compare two non-text files.  I think it's only
>documented to work for text files.

The version of "fc" that was distributed with MS-DOS 2.11 for the DEC
Rainbow accepts the "/b" switch to make it compare binary files
byte-for-byte.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi

bill@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Frolik) (09/08/88)

All the versions of "fc" I've ever used (with MS-DOS 2.11 up through 3.31
and OS/2) let you specify "/b" to compare binary files.

Bill Frolik		Hewlett-Packard
hplabs!hp-pcd!bill	Corvallis, Oregon