[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ProComm -- WARNING: ProComm IS *NOT* PUBLIC DOMAIN...

vause@cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM (Sam Vause) (09/10/88)

In article <8862@cup.portal.com> Vaprak@cup.portal.com writes:
>you say you have access to Unix system?  if you have UUDECODE
>I will be glad to send it to ya.
>
>Vaprak@cup.portal.com
>sun!cup.portal.com!vaprak

This gentleman is responding to an earlier request from someone for a copy
of "Public Domain" ProComm.

I ran across this quote in the first two pages of my ProComm manual:

"ProComm, including this version , is not and has never been public domain
software, nor it is free software.

"ProcComm is copyright (c) 1985, 1986 by Datastorm Technologies, Inc."

Later on the same page mention is made of how downloading is permitted by
bulletin boards, and under what conditions.  Doesn't seem to be at all too
restrictive, just reasonable.

|Sam Vause, NCR Corporation, Customer Services - TOWER Support	   |
|3325 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29169 (803) 791-6953   |
|                                vause@cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM     |
|		...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!ncrcae!cs-col!vause      |