[comp.sys.ibm.pc] I need a new printer--any ideas?

ncsmith@ndsuvax.UUCP (Timothy Smith) (09/13/88)

I would suggest a Fujitsu DL3400 it comes both serial and parallel,
wide carriage, 24-pin, sheet or tractor feed, fast (cpm?), draft and
NLQ, reverse page feed!!, emulates at least the epson varieties, and
cost around $400 for the serial model, parallel was around $500 I think.

       Tim Smith

figlik@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Jim Figlik) (09/14/88)

In article <1255@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncsmith@ndsuvax.UUCP (Timothy Smith) writes:
>I would suggest a Fujitsu DL3400 it comes both serial and parallel,
>wide carriage, 24-pin, sheet or tractor feed, fast (cpm?), draft and
>NLQ, reverse page feed!!, emulates at least the epson varieties, and
>cost around $400 for the serial model, parallel was around $500 I think.
>

>       Tim Smith

I would either suggest a Gemini, good cheap and has Epson/IBM emulation
at around $200 or a DeskJet from HP, which will give you letter quality.

Jim
ihnp4!ihlpl!figlik

Robert_Bruce_Ferrell@cup.portal.com (09/15/88)

My suggestion is the citizen 120D.  It can be had for about $150 at many
discount outlets (read mail order) and turns out print quality nearly
as good as the Apple Imagewriter if not better (with the right software of
course).

I dont work or have anything to do with citizen except buying their products.