[comp.sys.ibm.pc] LCD Display Board

dee@linus.UUCP (David E. Emery) (09/23/88)

Someone showed me an article that described a LCD display that you put
on an overhead projector.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Has
anyone seen one?  Who makes it and how much does it cost (the article
said around $2000)?
			thanks
			dave emery
			emery@mitre-bedford.arpa
			linus!dee

jhoward@helps.UUCP (James Howard) (09/25/88)

In article <40243@linus.UUCP> dee@linus.UUCP (David E. Emery) writes:
>Someone showed me an article that described a LCD display that you put
>on an overhead projector...

There are several of them on the market, KODAK DATASHOW, DUKANE, ...
Check with the sales representatives of the overhead projectors.  Be
sure to insist on a cooling fan.  The heat from the overhead projector
will cause the LCD to loose contrast without a fan.  Also look at the
ability to display a contrast between colors.  Some of the units are
priced at less than $1,000.

James Howard AA5R     Howard Electronic Laboratories Products & Services
bigtex!helps!jhoward                 cs.utexas.edu!juniper!helps!jhoward

balcer@gypsy.siemens-rtl (Marc J Balcer) (09/28/88)

One such product that I've seen is MagnaByte by Telex.  It can
reproduce a CGA screen at 640x200 dot resolution.  It comes with an
interface card, cabling, remote control (page-up and page-down keys),
and presentation software.  It is fan-cooled and powered by the
computer through the interface card.  I'm not sure about an exact
price, but it was well over $1000 a year ago.

Telex's phone number is 800-328-5727.

Marc J. Balcer
[balcer@gypsy.siemens.com]
Siemens Research Center, 755 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 734-6531