[comp.sys.ibm.pc] What's the Best Spelling Corrector?

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (09/27/88)

I'm looking for a spelling checker/corrector and thesausus
for the PC.  All I've seen in the stores is Websters -- but
the manual says it has a 20 page file limit.  Bogus - Webster is out.
Any suggestions?
--
Ken Greer
Elan Computer Group, Inc.

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (09/30/88)

I haven't used the thesaurus which is included, but the spelling checker
in WordPerfect is pretty good.

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

dennis@raphel.UUCP (Dennis Vogel) (10/01/88)

In article <16800378@clio>, berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

> I haven't used the thesaurus which is included, but the spelling checker
> in WordPerfect is pretty good.

Can it be used with other wp/editors or must it be used with Wordperfect?

Dennis R. Vogel    AT&T Bell Laboratories    Somerset, NJ