[comp.sys.ibm.pc] A briew word on CompuAdd

yelorose@juniper.uucp (Bob Mosley III) (10/13/88)

...in light of all the Able Supply bashings, I figured that it would be a
bit apropos for a POSITIVE note of confidence be posted about a company that
deserves it.

...those of you who responded via E-Mail concerning my non-functioning mouse,
while I do appreciate the help you were all way off base as to what the problem
is. It turned out to be a hardware problem as opposed to be a software one.

...anyway, the point of the matter was that after calling the CompuAdd service
number, I was told what the problem most likely was, and how to fix it.

This took all of 3 minutes.

...I should note that this was only the third time I've had to deal with the
service reps, and each time they've been able to steer me in the right
direction in under 5 minutes.

...It was a damn pleasure to call up a computer-based company and not get
either a "Well, you're not using *OUR* peripheral with *OUR* system, so you're
SOL, buddy.." a "Duh, I dunno...do you have the manual on you?", or even a
"Ok, idiot, you do this, then this, but this first, and only after this, unless
you've done this, and only after you've taken it to your dealer first and paid
out the nose..".

Oh, if only the Gods on the Big Blue Mountain would treat their customers
the same way...

							OM

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (10/14/88)

Those considering CompuAdd as a vendor should also look at PC Source.
Some time ago I did some detective work and concluded that both were
essentially different names for the same company.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi

figlik@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Jim Figlik) (10/14/88)

In article <4313@bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>Those considering CompuAdd as a vendor should also look at PC Source.
>Some time ago I did some detective work and concluded that both were
>essentially different names for the same company.
>--
>Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi

CompuAdd owns PC Source. I bought my first IBM PC from PC Source and the
second computer came from CompuAdd. They both sell the "Standard 286"
(Probably TMed...) and while I don't have any connection with either of
these companies, I'm still a satisfied customer.

Jim
----
Name:  Jim Figlik
 Org:  CAP Gemini America @AT&T Bell Labs, Indian Hill
Addr:  {world}!ihnp4!ihlpl!figlik
Disc:  These preceeding opinions not necessarily shared by anyone else

yelorose@juniper.uucp (Bob Mosley III) (10/15/88)

In article <4313@bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>Those considering CompuAdd as a vendor should also look at PC Source.
>Some time ago I did some detective work and concluded that both were
>essentially different names for the same company.
>--
>Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi

....actually, they are the same company, but as it was explained to me, PC
Source is more of the "mail order division", while CompuAdd is the actual
retail chain.

...also, you won't find a PC Source store in Texas, so...

...a rose by any other name, I say. I still stand by CompuAdd regardless of
what they call themselves.

							OM