[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC's LIKE NEW : <<< UNBELIEVABLE >>>

david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) (10/21/88)

>In article <25511@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> 0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) writes:
>>	Has anyone out there heard of "PC's Like New", an Atlanta, Georgia
>>based vendor of new & like-new IBM PC's?  I've been considering purchasing
>>a machine from them, and found that their price ($1200) for a PC with an
>>amber monitor, monochrome graphics card, two floppies, 512k of RAM, and a
>>Citizen printer to be superior to that of clones, although the machine is
>>only 4.77 mhz.

My God... $1200 bucks for a 4.77 Mhz PC with 2 floopies, 512k of RAM, a
MONOCHROME graphics card and an AMBER monitor...

IS THIS FOR REAL???

Look guys... (no offense intended :-)  $1200 bucks is what I would pay for a
12 Mhz PC-AT with 30 Meg of hard drive space and a CGA card (perhaps the CGA
would cost $200 more).

Try Computer Shopper  (P.S.  386 machines are going for $2500)
--
         | David P. Cook            Net:  uunet!epicb!david        |
         | Truevision Inc.  |   "Sometimes I cover my mouth with   |