[comp.sys.ibm.pc] unisys info

jarmon@ingr.UUCP (Don Jarmon) (10/18/88)

I am looking for information on an UNISYS MODEL IT.  This is an
AT system with a Mitsubishi Mother Board.  I purchased the system
used and did not receive any manuals.   Also, I am having problems
finding a keyboard that will work with this system.  There is a
switch pack on the motherboard that has something to do with config.
Does anyone have any information that will help?

			        Thanks in Advance,
				   Don Jarmon

rem@remsit.UUCP (Roger Murray) (10/24/88)

[Sorry for posting, but mail didn't work.  Hit 'n' if you don't want to read
this.]

In article <2695@ingr.UUCP> jarmon@ingr.UUCP (Don Jarmon) writes:
>                                     ...Also, I am having problems
>finding a keyboard that will work with this system.  There is a
>switch pack on the motherboard that has something to do with config.
>Does anyone have any information that will help?

Here is the scoop on the switch settings (1 = Up, 0 = Down, - = N/A):

CPU:

11------ 8 MHz, 1 wait state
10------ Reserved
01------ 7.16 MHz, 0 wait state
00------ 6 MHz, 1 wait state

Memory:

--0-1--- 512K (Mode A)
--1-1--- 256K/512K (Mode B)
--0-0--- 640K (Mode C)
--1-0--- 1M (Mode D)

Monitor:

---1---1 High resolution color monitor
---0---1 Medium resolution color monitor
---0---0 Monochrome monitor
---1---0 Not used

Keyboard:

------1- PC/IT keyboard