[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Seeking recommendations for WordStar to WordPerfect converters

lane@dalcs.UUCP (John Wright/Dr. Pat Lane) (10/20/88)

I'm looking for advise on buying a program to convert WordStar 3.3 files to
WordPerfect 4.2.  Of course, I have the CONVERT program supplied with WP
but it doesn't do a very good job.  I've seen ads for general word-processor
conversion utilities (I have one here for Perfect Exchange which came with
our WordPerfect...the advertising flyer, that is).  Any comments or experiences
with these products?  Many thnaks...JW

--
John Wright      /////////////////     Phone:  902-424-3805  or  902-424-6527
Post: c/o Dr Pat Lane, Biology Dept, Dalhousie U, Halifax N.S., CANADA B3H-4H8

kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin "auric" Crocker) (10/25/88)

In article <3043@dalcs.UUCP>, lane@dalcs.UUCP (John Wright/Dr. Pat Lane) writes:
> I'm looking for advise on buying a program to convert WordStar 3.3 files to
> WordPerfect 4.2.  Of course, I have the CONVERT program supplied with WP
> but it doesn't do a very good job.  I've seen ads for general word-processor

John, I have one that seems to do a very good job.

Contact

Steve Brooks
M/H Group
222 West Adams Street
Chicago, Illinois
60606

312 - 443 - 1222

They have a product called Word-Link that is quite amazing.

I have tested it out on a wide variety of conversions as I am on a
submissions committee for an Academic Conference with a wide variety of
topical sessions.  It really seems to do the job quite well.

I even tried it on converting DCA(RF) to WP4.2 versus WP CONVERT
program and it converted everything.  The only difference was that is
put in tab characters when there was explicit spaces in the file.

i.e. for the following text

                    Centered Headline

Word-Link did

<tab><tab>.. and so on but it centered it exactly the same as CONVERT
did.

Standard disclaimer.  I am a satisfied user and have no relation to
this company ( although I haven't sent them the last part of the money
for all the products purchased - - I guess I better get cracking)

kevin