[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need help in doing a LLF on XT

wersan@dasys1.UUCP (John R Wersan Jr.) (10/27/88)

	I have no idea how to do a Low Level Format on a hard drive
using the IBM XT drive controler. I know how to do it using a WD
controler, but I can find NO info on how to do this with the XT
controler.

			HELP!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!
--
John R. Wersan, Jr.
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX

srb@beta.lanl.gov ( Steve Berger ) (10/27/88)

In article <7221@dasys1.UUCP> wersan@dasys1.UUCP (John R Wersan Jr.) writes:

>	I have no idea how to do a Low Level Format on a hard drive
>using the IBM XT drive controler. I know how to do it using a WD
>controler, but I can find NO info on how to do this with the XT
>controler.

  What type of controller do you have?  If it is an Adaptec, then you do
  the low level format similar to the WD.  With debug, g=c800 .....

  If it is another type of controller, there is a low level format on the
  XT diagnostics floppy, and there are programs posted on several BBS
  that will perform the low level format.

  Steve Berger srb@lanl.gov