[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Programming Manual For The BRAIN Computer

david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) (10/26/88)

*** Don't Flame Me Administrator... This Is Revelant To This Group! ***

    HELLO HACKERS!

     How would you like to be able to program your BRAIN as easily as you
     program your computer?

     Sick to death of your own mental subroutines???

     Care to Custom Design some new neural pathways???

     Well.. YOUR IN LUCK!

     Go to your local bookstore (preferably a 'better' bookstore) and look
     is the psychology section (yes... that's right.... psychology) and
     find ANY books by the duo "Bandler and Grinder".

     In paticular... you may want to start with the book:

		     "Frogs Into Princes"

     What's it all about???

     NLP PROGRAMMING   (Neural-Linguistic Programming)

     These folks (who have been around awhile) have actually created several
     books that are, in fact, programming reference and technical reference
     manuals for the human mind/brain.  In paticular, Richard Bandler came
     from a computer science background, not a psychology background.

     THIS STUFF IS HOT HOT HOT!  Literally, read "Frogs into princes"... you
     will IMMEDIATLY be able to use the stuff in the book (I mean INSTANTLY)
     without practice or any other of the 'stupid' vices used by other
     so-called mental methods.

     Not only do these books teach you how to program your own brain, but
     also how to program other people (for those of you into total control).

     The importance of this stuff for personal 'improvement' (I hate that word
     but it's the only way I can say it) it, without a doubt, incredible.

     If you like what you read in Frogs into Princes, go into some of the
     deeper books like  "Structure of Magic" or.. "Magic in Action" or
     their books on hypnosis (forget the name now).  These people have about
     ten to fifteen books on the market.  The best ones are written by
     Bandler and Grinder.

     The only cavet I can see is that the books are written for therapists
     and thus read like a conversation... but if you can handle that, you
     will be holding one of the most important pieces of literature in the
     computer science world... that has been seen for some time!

     Let me give you an example of one of their SIMPLIST theories which
     you will encounter in "Frogs into Princes".

     --->   Most people think Visually, though some people thing 'auditorily'
	    and some people think 'by feeling'.  This can be demonstrated
	    easily...  For example... go to someone and say  "What color
	    socks did you wear two days ago".  WATCH THEIR EYES... If they
	    look UP while thinking, they are VISUALIZING themselves with
	    their socks.   If you say... "What sound does your car horn
	    make"... they will tend to look to the LEFT or RIGHT while
	    thinking.  If you say... "What would the house of your dreams
	    look like"... they will probably look down while thinking.

	    These people have discovered (and I am not totally accurate here
	    because I loaned out the book and don't have the chart in front
	    of me) that when VISUALIZING a PRE-EXISTING item, people tend to
	    glance UP.  When LISTENING or HEARING a PRE-EXISITNG itme, people
	    tend to look to the side.  When FABRICATING a NON-EXISTING item,
	    people tend to look down.

	    THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE IMPORTANT THINGS GIVEN IN THESE BOOKS.

	    Why is the "look" important... because it lets you see how a
	    person is "thinking", and therefore allows you to tailor your
	    someone thinks mainly "auditorily" (for example, if you as
	    what color was the dress you wore yesterday... they might
	    look to the side first... experiencing the "feeling" of wearing
	    the dress or the "sound" the dress made while walking... this
	    may then serve as the neural stimulant to grab the visual image..
	    therefore, they would look to the side first, and then glance
	    up as the retrieved the visual image), then by orienting your
	    questions/comments to them using auditory queues ("It SOUNDS like"
	    etc...) you will be making a large sub-conscience impact on them.

	    Also.. this gives you clues as to when people are lieing... by
	    seeing when they are fabricating and when they are actually
	    visualizing.

	    This is just ONE of the utterly fantastic things in these books.
	    Each book has more goodies than the last (and the one dealing
	    with Hypnosis has simply incredible ideas and methods).

	    Not only that... but this stuff is instantly tryable and learnable.
	    In fact... it is so simple that you will probably say "Holy Shi*
	    Why Didn't I notice that before???".

	    Thats all    --->  Happy Hacking!

--
         | David P. Cook            Net:  uunet!epicb!david        |
         | Truevision Inc.  |   "Sometimes I cover my mouth with   |

In article <563@epicb.UUCP> david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) hypes:

	NLP PROGRAMMING (Neural-Linguistic Programming)

According to the National Academy of Sciences' Committee on Techniques
for the Enhancement of Human Performance, there is no evidence to
support claims for the effectiveness of NLP.

"In brief, the NLP system of eye, posture, tone and language patterns
as indexing representational patterns is not derived or derivable from
known scientific work.  Furthermore, there is no internal evidence or
documentation to support the system. . . .  Overall there is little or
no empirical evidence to date to support either NLP assumptions or NLP
effectiveness.  Different critics may attach different values to the
quality of these studies [testing one or another aspect of NLP[, but
the fact remains that none supports the effectiveness of NLP in
improving influence or skilled motor performance."

Quoted from "The Skeptical Inquirer", Vol 13, p. 37.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])
To surrender is to remain in the hands of barbarians for the rest of my life.

david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) (10/27/88)

In article <NELSON.88Oct26222803@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>In article <563@epicb.UUCP> david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) hypes:
>
>	NLP PROGRAMMING (Neural-Linguistic Programming)
>
>According to the National Academy of Sciences' Committee on Techniques
>for the Enhancement of Human Performance, there is no evidence to
>support claims for the effectiveness of NLP.
>
>"In brief, the NLP system of eye, posture, tone and language patterns
>as indexing representational patterns is not derived or derivable from
>known scientific work.  Furthermore, there is no internal evidence or
>documentation to support the system. . . .  Overall there is little or
>no empirical evidence to date to support either NLP assumptions or NLP
>effectiveness.  Different critics may attach different values to the
>quality of these studies [testing one or another aspect of NLP[, but
>the fact remains that none supports the effectiveness of NLP in
>improving influence or skilled motor performance."
>
>Quoted from "The Skeptical Inquirer", Vol 13, p. 37.

ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT... THIS IS PROBABLY NOT RIGHT FOR THIS GROUP, BUT
I feel it is important enough for you HACKERS out there (like me)...

Of course the methods are panned by the "professionals"... they are
'frightened' by the SIMPLICITY of the method.  It's sorta hard to
charge $80 an hour for years and years... and they find out that
there is a simple cure to most psychologal problems... The SHRINKS
are in trouble...

The BOTTOM LINE is not what the "professionals" say... but what you
and I say...

The simple solution is to buy ONE book (Frogs into Princes)... read it
and TRY the VERY SIMPLE situations... THEY WORK!  I dont give JACK SHI*
if someone else says it doesn't work... because I've tried it and it
does work... instantly... perfectly!

If you want control over your own brain and you want to be able to
reprogram yourself... give it a shot.  At the most, your out $9.00
for a book.  Don't you think that alot better than believing someone
who is afraid of losing their jobs and theories (new theories are
always hard to swallow).

It's not alot of HYPE... its methods which have... and can... be proven
within minutes... but only if you care to!

Nice try... but please let people make their own decisions instead of
telling us what the "professionals" think.  How many shrinks do you
know that REALLY DO A GOOD JOB???

PROGRAM YOUR OWN BRAIN FOR A CHANGE!