[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo C Upgrade Policy???

amlovell@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Anthony M Lovell) (10/28/88)

Can someone tell me by email what exactly Borland's upgrade fee is for
taking 1.5 to 2.0?  I ordered TC from CompuAdd Oct 26th, and it arrived
- but it was V1.5.
Am I better off sending it back for a refund or upgrading it?

Email responses, please.
thanx

--
amlovell@phoenix.princeton.edu     ...since 1963.

spolsky-joel@CS.YALE.EDU (Joel Spolsky) (10/29/88)

In article <4159@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> amlovell@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Anthony M Lovell) writes:
>Can someone tell me by email what exactly Borland's upgrade fee is for
>taking 1.5 to 2.0?

Compiler only (includes integrated debugger) - $50
Compiler, Professional Debugger, TASM - $100
...plus about $5 postage and handling.

+----------------+---------------------------------------------------+
|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky@yalecs     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky |
|                | arpa:   spolsky@yale.edu   voicenet: 203-436-1483 |
+----------------+---------------------------------------------------+
                                               #include <disclaimer.h>

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (10/29/88)

For purchases between July 1 and August 31, Borland offered a $25
upgrade.  This or a better deal _may_ apply for purchases after August.

Toll-free upgrade number:  1-800-543-7543

Borland
1800 Green Hills Road
POBox 660005
Scotts Valley, CA  95066-0005

disclaimer:  just a happy customer...
--
--    bob,mon			(bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)
--    "Aristotle was not Belgian..."	- Wanda

ciciora@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Ciciora; Steven joseph) (10/30/88)

	I'm a student at CU.  3 weeks ago, I bought TC v1.5 for $45
at our campus computer store.  Now they have 2.0 for $49.  Upgrade?
I think I'll try to sell my v1.5 for what ever I can get, and just
buy 2.0.  Oh, by the way, anyone want v1.5 _cheep_?

steve ciciora