[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS 4.00 DOSSHELL wierdness

geoff@eagle_snax.UUCP ( R.H. coast near the top) (10/25/88)

I don't know if anyone cares about DOS 4.00, but still....

Has anyone seen this bug? I bring up DOSSHELL, define a new
program which simply runs a .EXE file, and select it. No
problem. Now I bring up a text version of DOSSHELL (i.e. with
the /COLOR option replaced with /TEXT). This works well except
when I try to select the program I'd created earlier, in which case
DOSSHELL dies (and occasionally hangs the system).
--
Geoff Arnold, Sun Microsystems Inc.   +------------------------------------+
PC Distributed Systems(home of PC-NFS)|Someone, somewhere, wants an RFC822 |

jcmorris@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Joseph C. Morris) (11/01/88)

In a recent article geoff@eagle_snax.UUCP ( R.H. coast near the top) writes:
>I don't know if anyone cares about DOS 4.00, but still....
>
>Has anyone seen this bug? I bring up DOSSHELL, define a new

Believe it or not, IBM has released a 2-disk fix for (some of) the bugs
in DOS 4.0.  A copy went by my desk last week, but I didn't look too closely
at it since I don't run it (yet).  The disk contained a file which has a
long list of what is supposedly fixed.

In theory you can get the fix from any authorized IBM dealer.  If you work at
(or know someone at) a shop with ASKINFO access, you can get IBM to ship the
fix diskette for local duplication and distribution.

IBM is supposedly now shipping DOS 4.1 (or maybe 4.01; I'm not sure) which
fixes some of the problems without requiring the fix diskette.  Ask your
friendly neighborhood dealer.