Date: Fri, 28 Oct 88 14:32:07 edt
To: bu-tyng!draper
Subject: Re: AutoCAD with Paradise VGA Card problems.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

In article <1751@bu-tyng.bu.edu> you write:
>Hello All,
>
>I am posting this for a friend, however I will accept email replys
>and summarize.
>
>I have installed AutoCAD (relaese 9.0) on a Compaq 386 with a Paradise
>VGA card in it. The problem is that the pull down menus (across the top)
>do not work. I have gone through the manual and looked at the book
>Inside AutoCAD to make sure the installation was done correctly. I then
>deleted everything and tried again with the same results.
>I then put a Paradise EGA card into the same machine and reconfigured the
>program for and EGA card and it worked! The VGA card works correctly
>for all other applications that I have tried.
>I think that are two possible problems.
>
>1) The VGA driver program on the disks are corrupted in some manner.
>
>2) The Paradise VGA card is not compatible with the program and/or
>the VGA driver supplied.
>
>Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

	I have just used a Paradise VGA Prof card in my AT&T 6386, with no
problem w/ AutoCAD Rel 9.
	I used the Paradise supplied driver.  AutoCAD needs to be
configured for the ADI driver, with the Paradise INT number (7H ?)
specifed.  The driver HAS to be executed PRIOR to running AutoCAD.  All of
this in the Paradise Software manual.

--
		Rick Calder, AT&T National Systems Support Center
				[att!]rick!rick

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 88 08:19:07 PDT
From: decvax!sun!tc.fluke.COM!jfadams (Jim Adams)
To: bu-tyng!draper
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

We have an identical system to the one you described and had precisely the
same problem. We took our problem to our vendor and in turn, our vendor
contacted Paradise. Paradise then sent to us a version of their driver that
fixed the problem.

Contact either your software vendor or contact Paradise directly for the
revised driver.

--
James F. Adams       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
WORLD:jfadams@tc.fluke.COM

Once again, thanks all.

  Dave Draper
  UUCP: decvax!elrond!bu-tyng!draper
  Internet: draper@bu-tyng.bu.edu
  Boston University Corporate Education Center
  72 Tyng Road
  Tyngsboro   MA  01879
  649-9731 x14