[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA board/monitor

2212msr@whuts.UUCP (ROBIN) (10/25/88)

I'm planning to purchase a VGA adapter and multisynch type monitor
in the near future.  My current leanings are toward a VEGA Fastwrite
card and a Princeton Graphics Ultrasynch monitor.  If anyone has
experience w/VGA boards/monitors in a 80286 machine, I'ld appreciate
hearing from them.  If sufficient interest, I'll post a summary to the net.

Max S. Robin
AT&T Bell Laboratories
Room 7C-004
10 Whippany Road
Whippany, NJ 07981

email: whuts!2212msr

voice: 201-386-6865 (days)
       201-627-5460 (eve.)
   or  201-627-5895 (eve.)

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (10/27/88)

In article <4945@whuts.UUCP> 2212msr@whuts.UUCP (ROBIN) writes:
...I'm planning to purchase a VGA adapter and multisynch type monitor
...in the near future.  My current leanings are toward a VEGA Fastwrite
...card and a Princeton Graphics Ultrasynch monitor.  If anyone has
...experience w/VGA boards/monitors in a 80286 machine, I'ld appreciate
...hearing from them.  If sufficient interest, I'll post a summary to the net.

The word among the cognescenti on IBMNET on CompuServe is Sony 1302A,
hands down.  There is also some talk about VGA being a shortterm
solution that can also be addressed with a significantly cheaper combo
of an EGA card and "UltraVision", a doohickey that plugs into the EGA
feature connector.  Ads for UV in the latest PC Mag.

--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334

stratton@mrsvr.UUCP (Ninja Programmer) (11/02/88)

From article <4945@whuts.UUCP>, by 2212msr@whuts.UUCP (ROBIN):
> I'm planning to purchase a VGA adapter and multisynch type monitor
> in the near future. If sufficient interest, I'll post a summary to the net.
>
> Max S. Robin

	Max,
		I did not see your summary, so I was wondering if you could send
	me a copy of your information. I too am looking for a vga and monitor
	and I would like to get the same info you got!!

						gcs

--
  My address is stratton@mrsvr.uucp
				{uwvax, rutgers}uwmcsd1!mrsvr!stratton