[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Composite output E/VGA

naughton%wind@Sun.COM (Patrick Naughton) (11/08/88)

<Referenced article at end:>

The same company that made the video overlay board for the EGA is now
making a VGA board that outputs Composite Video suitable for recording
on a VCR, displaying on any monitor that will take NTSC as input.
They support all of the EGA/VGA modes that are possible to fit into
NTSC, such as 320x200x16, 640x{200,360,480}x16, 320x200x256, etc.

They will be showing at Comdex in Los Vegas starting Nov 13th.

David Medin
U. S. Video Inc.
1 Stamford Landing
Stamford, CT
(203) 964-9000

In article <32180@oliveb.olivetti.com> teg@orc.olivetti.com (Tom Griner)
writes:
>There seems to be some misunderstanding about the functionality
>of EGA cards (based on other messages I have seen here).
>
> There were some messages about someones desire to hook a composite
>monitor to an EGA card:
>
>Although most EGA cards have 2 RCA jacks on them, they do not provide
>composite video output.  The jacks are just wired to the feature
>connector (the long connector on top of the EGA card) and were meant for
>future expansion.  I have seen an aftermarket video overlay board that
>plugs into the feature connector, and provided some functionality
>through the RCA jacks, but it cost more than the EGA card itself.
>
>Tom Griner    {decwrl, ucbvax, ...}!orc.olivetti.com!teg    frames 2 /dev/fb
>TEG@Bionet-20.bio.net                  presto.ig.com!teg    flames 2 /dev/null
    Patrick J. Naughton				    ARPA: naughton@Sun.COM
    Window Systems Group			    UUCP: ...!sun!naughton
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.			    AT&T: (415) 336 - 1080