[comp.sys.ibm.pc] EGA in 133 column mode

mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) (11/11/88)

I have a paradise EGA board.  Receintly I moved and I can't for the life
of me find my documentation.  I was wondering if some kind person could
tell me what arguments I must give to interupt 10H to put this thing
into 133 column mode.  To be quit honest, I'm not sure that this board
will go into 133 column mode, but I know some of the paradise boards
do, and when I bought this computer I paid a little extra to get "a better
board", what ever that meant.  I figure I have nothing to lose by trying.

Thanks,

--
Michael A. Leach   uucp:    {decvax,clyde,rutgers,decuac}!hjuxa!mal
		   email:   hjuxa!mal@decuac.dec.com  OR  leach@unxa.dec.com

bkliewer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bradley Dyck Kliewer) (11/12/88)

In article <1053@hjuxa.UUCP> mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) writes:
>I have a paradise EGA board.  Receintly I moved and I can't for the life
>of me find my documentation.  I was wondering if some kind person could
>tell me what arguments I must give to interupt 10H to put this thing
>into 133 column mode.

Paradise adds four modes to the EGA 480 (AH=0, AL=one of the following
mode numbers):

50h 640x480 graphics
51h 640x480 text (30 rows))
54h 1056x344 text (132 column, 43 rows)
55h 1056x350 text (132 column, 25 rows)

Bradley Dyck Kliewer                Hacking...
bkliewer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu       It's not just an adventure
                                    It's my job!