[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Problems with Telix 3.1 ?

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (11/12/88)

     I recently upgraded to Telix 3.1 from 3.0. The newer version has fixed
many of the earlier bugs but has introduced a new one: Zmodem uploads does
not work! It hangs trying to send the file header. Zmodem downloads works
fine. This problem did not exsist on 3.0.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem and is there a workaround ?  Thanks!

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john@wa3wbu.uu.net

soxy@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (11/13/88)

I have a problem with Telix 3.0 and 3.1 and Kermit transfers... that is

uploads/downloads don't work...  it hangs up on the header... even

the file name gets sent...

KERMIT the program does work with the place I am trying to up/down load

from...

Thanks

-Chris

 -----

spolsky-joel@CS.YALE.EDU (Joel Spolsky) (11/14/88)

In article <17313@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU> soxy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
>I have a problem with Telix 3.0 and 3.1 and Kermit transfers... that is
>uploads/downloads don't work...  it hangs up on the header... even
>the file name gets sent...

1) make sure both systems have the parity set to the same thing
2) make sure both systems have "set file type binary"

+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky@yalecs.bitnet     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky |
|                | internet: spolsky@cs.yale.edu     voicenet: 203-436-1483 |
+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
                                                     #include <disclaimer.h>

tbetz@dasys1.UUCP (Tom Betz) (11/14/88)

Quoth john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) in <667@wa3wbu.UUCP>:

|     I recently upgraded to Telix 3.1 from 3.0. The newer version has fixed
|many of the earlier bugs but has introduced a new one: Zmodem uploads does
|not work! It hangs trying to send the file header. Zmodem downloads works
|fine. This problem did not exsist on 3.0.  Has anyone else experienced
|this problem and is there a workaround ?  Thanks!

I have been using Telix since 3.0 and am currently using 3.11.  I have had no
such trouble, and I use a wide variety of systems.

Are you correctly calling the Zmodem on the receiving system?

It sounds to me like you aren't.  BTW, there are a few minor bugs in 3.1,
so I recommend you obtain a copy of it.  Of course, if you have registered
it with Colin, it will be arriving soon in your mailbox...

--
  "I learned to play guitar just to get      |Tom Betz         EAA#48267
the girls, and anyone who says they didn't   |ZCNY, 114 Woodworth Avenue

srb@beta.lanl.gov ( Steve Berger ) (11/15/88)

In article <667@wa3wbu.UUCP> john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>     I recently upgraded to Telix 3.1 from 3.0. The newer version has fixed
>many of the earlier bugs but has introduced a new one: Zmodem uploads does
>not work! It hangs trying to send the file header. Zmodem downloads works
>fine. This problem did not exsist on 3.0.  Has anyone else experienced
>this problem and is there a workaround ?  Thanks!

  I have found that if I try to upload a file using Zmodem with Telix 3.1
  that I have problems if I specify a file name.

  EXAMPLE:  If I type "rz telix.doc" then hit Alt - S and choose Zmodem
  and specify telix.doc, it hangs.

  But, If I just type "rz", then hit alt-S, choose Zmodem, then pick the
  filename, it works, but it gives me a filename TELIX.DOC in all caps
  on the Vax.  So I have to rename it if I want it in lower case.

  Steve Berger

  srb@lanl.gov

cnee@wright.EDU (Cheng-Lee Nee) (11/16/88)

For those of you interested in Telix, here is another interesting
problem I encountered when using Telix (either 3.0 or 3.1) dial up
to UNIX (Utrix and SunOS) systems. While using the vi editor, the
curser keys of both ANSI and VT100 (VT102) just don't  work.
Everytime I hit a curser key, vi just returns two beeps. I am
absolutely sure the terminal type is set correctly and Telix send
correct escape sequences when pressing the curser keys. The possible
causes would be: timing for escape sequences (but I think vi wait
enough time already) or the Telix terminal emulator does not
identify itself to the vi when vi startup(?). Anyone have the same
problem?

Cheng-Lee Nee

porter@topaz.rutgers.edu (Adam L. Porter) (11/19/88)

I love Telix 3.1, but I have problems when using it on a UNIX
system.  Specifically, when I use EMACS, and I do backspaces
(ctrl-b), the cursor moves back without deleting the characters
like it's supposed to but the characters often disappear.
I also see characters disappear when I close parentheses in the
LISP mode.  Any suggestions on this???
Adam L. Porter
272 Hamilton St. #96
New Brunswick, NJ  08901