[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA paint software

btc@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bob Clark) (11/15/88)

I am looking for some paint software that will work with a VGA display in the
high resolution modes.  256 colors in 640x400 (mode 0x5E) and 640x480 (mode
0x5F).  I wrote to RIX Softworks in Irving Calif, and Electronic Arts in San
Mateo Calif, but received no reply.  Our local college was no help either.

If anyone knows of something that could help, please let me know.  If it helps
the display card is based on the Paradise PVGA1A chip.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Clark
Hewlett-Packard PCD
Corvallis, OR

{ucbvax!hplabs, harpo, ogcvax}!hp-pcd!hpcvlo!btc
btc%hp-pcd@hplabs.hp.com

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (11/16/88)

In article <101000023@hpcvlx.HP.COM>, btc@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bob Clark) writes:

> I am looking for some paint software that will work with a VGA display in the
> high resolution modes.  256 colors in 640x400 (mode 0x5E) and 640x480 (mode
> 0x5F).  I wrote to RIX Softworks in Irving Calif, and Electronic Arts in San

                                      ^^^^^^
There's the first problem.  It's Irvine, not Irving.  (Don't feel bad,
the Wall Street Journal keeps calling it Irving).
--
Clayton E. Cramer
..!ames!pyramid!kontron!optilin!cramer

randys@hpcvra.HP.COM (Randy Stockberger) (11/20/88)

> I am looking for some paint software that will work with a VGA display
> in the high resolution modes.  256 colors in 640x400 (mode 0x5E) and
> 640x480 (mode 0x5F).
>
> Bob Clark
> Hewlett-Packard PCD
> Corvallis, OR

Bob:

I have Deluxe Paint II from Electronic Arts.  Give me a call and I will
demo it for you.  It's nice, but I have never worked with any other pixel
graphics editor so I don't know how it compares to the competition.

  Randy Stockberger
  Unix Mail:  randys@hp-pcd.hp.com
  Ma-Bell:    503-757-1292