[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Alternatives to NEC Multisyncs?

mark@intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) (11/22/88)

We've had 3 of 8 Multisync I's we bought in June '87 go bad.  Worse yet,
we've had trouble getting them fixed, with parts on order for weeks.

Have you had similar experience?  What other monitor(s) do you recommend?

Please E-mail, and I'll post a summary to the net if there's sufficient
response.  Thanks in advance.
--

Mark McWiggins			UUCP:		uunet!intek01!mark
DISCLAIMER: I could be wrong.	INTERNET:	intek01!mark@uunet.uu.net

michael@roberta.UUCP (Michael A. Moran ) (11/23/88)

In article <370@intek01.UUCP>, mark@intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) writes:
> We've had 3 of 8 Multisync I's we bought in June '87 go bad.  Worse yet,
> we've had trouble getting them fixed, with parts on order for weeks.
>
> Have you had similar experience?  What other monitor(s) do you recommend?

Yes I have had similar experience with a monitor purchased about that time.
A very good NEC technician at an authorized NEC repair center in San Jose
told me (before looking at the monitor) that NEC had gotten a bad batch of
a particular diode and many monitors were failing for that reason.  Because
of the high rate of failure due to that component it was running in short
supply.  We decide to time how long it would take to repair the monitor and
it was just under 9 minutes.

That was a year ago.  The monitor has worked every day since then.

Michael A. Moran

--
Michael A. Moran
{uunet, pyramid, ...}!vdx!roberta!michael