[comp.sys.ibm.pc] EGA Terminal Emulator?

joss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Josh Sirota) (11/29/88)

I'm looking for a terminal emulator for my PC that lets me use the EGA
43-line capability.  I'd like it to emulate a VT-100 with 43 lines, or
anything else moderately intelligent would be acceptible.

I'd also like it to have some kind of file-transfer capability, kermit
especially, but that's not totally necessary.

Has anyone seen a terminal emulator that does this?  I've been using
Crosstalk and Procomm Plus, but I'm sick of 24 line screens ...

Please e-mail your responses - in general I don't have time to read this
newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
--
Josh Sirota
INTERNET: joss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu        BITNET: joss_ss@uordbv.bitnet

posert@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Bob Posert) (11/29/88)

In article <393@ur-cc.UUCP> Josh Sirota writes:
->I'm looking for a terminal emulator for my PC that lets me use the EGA
->43-line capability.  I'd like it to emulate a VT-100 with 43 lines, or
->anything else moderately intelligent would be acceptible.
->
->Please e-mail your responses - in general I don't have time to read this
->newsgroup.
Please post also, or at least e-mail me a copy.  Thanks.
->
->Thanks in advance.
->
Ditto.
--Bob
--
Bob Posert
I'm: posert@bonnie.ics.uci.edu or {sdcsvax|ucbvax}!ucivax!bonnie!posert

seg@smsdpg.uu.net (Scott Garfinkle) (11/30/88)

From article <393@ur-cc.UUCP>, by joss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Josh Sirota):
> I'm looking for a terminal emulator for my PC that lets me use the EGA
> 43-line capability.  I'd like it to emulate a VT-100 with 43 lines, or
> anything else moderately intelligent would be acceptible.
>
> I'd also like it to have some kind of file-transfer capability, kermit
> especially, but that's not totally necessary.

Crosstalk Mk.4 supports all kinds of weird and wonderful screen formats,
including card-specific ones for the 800x600 EGA cards and VGA modes.  It
also supports multiple simultaneous commo sessions.
		Scott E. Garfinkle
		SMS Data Products Group, Inc.
		uunet!smsdpg!seg

root@yale.UUCP (Celray Stalk) (11/30/88)

The newest version of kermit (2.31 I think) emulates a vt102 and will work
in more-than-25-line modes.  I use it with my VGA and 50 lines with
no problems whatever.  It's available from Columbia Univ, and probably
from Simtel20.arpa.  If not I'll put it on Simtel.

					      --Peter

------------------------------------------    --------------------------------
Peter Baer Galvin       		      (203)432-1254
Senior Systems Programmer, Yale Univ. C.S.    galvin-peter@cs.yale.edu
51 Prospect St, P.O.Box 2158, Yale Station    ucbvax!decvax!yale!galvin-peter
New Haven, Ct   06457			      galvin-peter@yalecs.bitnet

Devin_E_Ben-Hur@cup.portal.com (11/30/88)

QMODEM SST v3.x supports >25line displays (it checks the bios data area for
current screen height & width).  It emulates VT100, ANSI, TVI925.
Supports Xmodem, Ymodem built-in, and will link to external file xfer
programs (Zmodem, WXmodem, Kermit, CI$-B, etc.)

Should be available on any decent PC BBS system.

Devin_Ben-Hur@cup.portal.com
...!ucbvax!sun!cup.portal.com!devin_e_ben-hur