[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Nice VGA pictures wanted

ADSOFT@cosmo.UUCP (Axel Dunkel) (11/15/88)

I am looking for some 'nice' VGA pictures, since I don't have many of
them to demonstrate the quality of VGA images to friends.
If someone has some pictures, please mail them to me.

Axel Dunkel

TUCFVS@TUCCVM.BITNET (Frank V. Schubert) (11/18/88)

Me too.  I have retrieved about 20 from various sources, but only one that
exploits the VGA architecture.  I am interested in some more.

Axel, the one I got came from SIMTEL20"s PD1:<MSDOS.GIF> directory.  The
file name is PARROT.GIF and it is a spectacular picture on VGA.  It has
a 256 color pallet.

hutto@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Jon Hutto) (11/19/88)

Try using the .GIF files digitized on a Amiga. The have great graphics,
and with both them, and the viewing utilities being Public Domain. It
really is a good deal. In this area, there are a lot of real good ones
going around. Including some of a man in space, Galaxy M-101, a farm,
a dream house, a few of planes, cars, ect... Even some porno.

TUCFVS@TUCCVM.BITNET (Frank V. Schubert) (11/22/88)

Ok, Jon, but where can I find any?  Are there any availabel from an
ANONYMOUS FTP source?

daemon@watale.waterloo.edu (Watale's Little Helper) (11/25/88)

In article <141TUCFVS@TUCCVM> TUCFVS@TUCCVM.BITNET (Frank V. Schubert) writes:
>Ok, Jon, but where can I find any?  Are there any availabel from an
>ANONYMOUS FTP source?

We have a collection of bitmaps that are available via anonymous ftp.
Look in ~/pub/images/gif on surya.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.72].
There are a few 256-color images, and other interesting things, collected
from various sources.

Mike Adams
mdadams@surya.waterloo.edu

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (11/27/88)

In article <141TUCFVS@TUCCVM> TUCFVS@TUCCVM.BITNET (Frank V. Schubert) writes:
>Ok, Jon, but where can I find any?  Are there any availabel from an
>ANONYMOUS FTP source?

Also available are GIF pictures from various bulletin boards.  I'll list
a few:

	Telenaut	1-415-388-4007
	Tsunami		1-415-726-2726
	Videovision	1-415-785-8085

I have no connection other than being members of some of these.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vg55611
Internet: vg55611@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vg55611@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vg55611%ihuxy@research.att.com"

TUCFVS@TUCCVM.BITNET (Frank V. Schubert) (12/01/88)

In article <3020@watale> mdadams@surya.waterloo.edu (Mike Adams) writes
>We have a collection of bitmaps that are available via anonymous ftp.
>Look in ~/pub/images/gif on surya.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.72].
>There are a few 256-color images, and other interesting things, collected
>from various sources.

Thanks Mike, unfortunately I cannot seem to get there.  When I use the
name address, I get an "unknown host" response back, and when I use the
129.97.129.72 address, I am getting back "network is unreachable".  Not
being an expert, I am not sure whether this is temporary or permanent.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

Bitnet: TUCFVS@TUCC  Address: Frank V. Schubert
        TUCFVS@TUCCVM         Triangle Universities Computation Center
                              # 2 Davis Drive
Phone:  (919)-549-0671        Research Triangle Park, NC 27709