[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo C Graphics???

kluksdah@hpesoc1.HP.COM (Keith Kluksdahl) (11/23/88)

Are there any Turbo C graphics libraries available that anyone
can recommend?  Although it is fun, time does not permit my
own development.  How about mouse drivers?

Thanks

"It's quite easy to criticize.      |  Keith Kluksdahl
It's far more difficult to provide  |  Sir Kluks of Dahl
real working solutions."            |  HP Bedford Falls

These views are my own, but I might be re-programmed tomorrow....

kluksdah@hpesoc1.HP.COM (Keith Kluksdahl) (11/29/88)

I've gotten responses telling me that Turbo C 2.0 includes such
libraries.  Upon checking with a friend who owns 2.0, I've found
this to be true.  Time to spend some money.  Never mind.....

raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Eric A. Raymond) (11/29/88)

In article <4150013@hpesoc1.HP.COM> kluksdah@hpesoc1.HP.COM (Keith Kluksdahl) writes:
>Are there any Turbo C graphics libraries available that anyone
>can recommend?  Although it is fun, time does not permit my
>own development.  How about mouse drivers?

The latest version (2.0) has an excellent graphics library.
No mouse though ....

Name: Eric A. Raymond
ARPA: raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov
SLOW: NASA Ames Research Center, MS 244-17, Moffett Field, CA 94035

Nothing left to do but :-) :-) :-)

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (11/30/88)

From article <18807@ames.arc.nasa.gov>, by raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Eric A. Raymond):
>>Are there any Turbo C graphics libraries available that anyone
>>can recommend?  Although it is fun, time does not permit my
>>own development.  How about mouse drivers?

Turbo Technix V 1 # 4 shows how to access a mouse directly in
Turbo C and Turbo Pascal.  I have tried their examples and have
been able to apply them to other programs that I have written.

If you would like copies of the code please email me.  Preferably
on Bitnet.  I can send you out a copy.
--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ

bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) (12/01/88)

In article <1046@naucse.UUCP> wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
>From article <18807@ames.arc.nasa.gov>, by raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Eric A. Raymond):
>>>Are there any Turbo C graphics libraries available that anyone
>>>can recommend?  Although it is fun, time does not permit my
>>>own development.  How about mouse drivers?
>>
>Turbo Technix V 1 # 4 shows how to access a mouse directly in
>Turbo C and Turbo Pascal.  I have tried their examples and have
>been able to apply them to other programs that I have written.

    The problem is, the examples will only work with the tiny, small, and
medium libs because of the way the author addresses the mouse driver. I
would like to know if anyone has modified these routines to work under the
huge model (???).

>Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
>Northern AZ Univ
>Flagstaff, AZ 86011
>{These views are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer}

  			Mike Bell
			bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

     _______________
    /  ___________  \