[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Use For EGA Feature Conn.?

sac90286@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (11/27/88)

Does anyone know if there are any add-on boards which make use of an EGA
style feature connector? Specifically, I have a Vega VGA (which comes
equipped with an EGA, not a VGA, style feature connector) and was
wondering if there's a device which will convert the VGA's output
(preferably the 320x200x256 color mode) to an NTSC composite signal
suitable for recording on a standard VCR. Our Iris workstation has what
is called a "genlock" board installed which converts the Iris graphics
(1280 x 1024 x however-many-bitplanes) into an NTSC signal. Does such a
device exist for PCs?

AdvTHANKSance.

naughton%wind@Sun.COM (Patrick Naughton) (12/01/88)

In article <111700010@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> sac90286@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anyone know if there are any add-on boards which make use of an EGA
>style feature connector? Specifically, I have a Vega VGA (which comes
>equipped with an EGA, not a VGA, style feature connector) and was
>wondering if there's a device which will convert the VGA's output
>(preferably the 320x200x256 color mode) to an NTSC composite signal
>suitable for recording on a standard VCR. Our Iris workstation has what
>is called a "genlock" board installed which converts the Iris graphics
>(1280 x 1024 x however-many-bitplanes) into an NTSC signal. Does such a
>device exist for PCs?
>
>AdvTHANKSance.

I've posted this information before, but I've seen several questions
along the lines of Recordable EGA/VGA, Genlock, Video Titleing, Feature
Connector use, etcetera... so I thought I'd repost.

U. S. Video has a whole line of products including a VGA board that
outputs NTSC composite suitable for recording which they demoed at
Comdex.  They have genlock add-ons for the EGA feature connector that
allow video titleing, and Laserdisc control.  Give Dave Medin a call, he
should be able to help you out.

	David Medin
	U. S. Video Inc.
	62 Southfield Ave.
	Stamford, CT  06902
	(203) 964-9000

-Patrick

Disclaimer: There is no relationship between my employer, Sun
Microsystems and USVideo.  I am only providing this data as an
information service.

    Patrick J. Naughton				    ARPA: naughton@Sun.COM
    Window Systems Group			    UUCP: ...!sun!naughton
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.			    AT&T: (415) 336 - 1080