[comp.sys.ibm.pc] image enhancement

djb@wjh12.harvard.edu (David J. Birnbaum) (12/01/88)

Has anyone had any experience with image enhancement software in an
MS-DOS environment?  I am preparing facsimiles of old publications
where the text is often quite faded.  I can usually read the original,
but the quality of photographic reproductions is much worse.

I would like to try scanning the pages and using image enhancement
software to restore some of the lost quality, but I am unaware of any
such software for MS-DOS systems (or any other systems, for that mat-
ter).  PD, shareware, and commercial are all fine.

Please email replies to me at:
   djb@wjh12.harvard.edu [Internet]
   djb@wjh12.uucp [UUCP]
   djb@harvunxw.bitnet [Bitnet]
I will post a summary if anyone can provide any information.

--David J. Birnbaum

walt@sixwbn.UUCP (Walt Novinger) (12/02/88)

In article <323@wjh12.harvard.edu> djb@wjh12.UUCP (David J. Birnbaum) writes:
>Has anyone had any experience with image enhancement software in an
>MS-DOS environment?
>  PD, shareware, and commercial are all fine.
>
>--David J. Birnbaum

Ditto -- I have need, as well.  Please copy me if/when you respond to
David.  Thanx!
Walt Novinger          | ...!sun!plx!walt              |                       ~
Plexus Computers, Inc. | ...!sun!plx!sixwbn!walt       | Joke 'em if they can't~
San Jose, CA 95134     | Disclaimer: You mean my       |                       ~
408-943-2406 (w)       |   boss might read this?       |     Robin Williams    ~
415-964-9377 (h)       | Nah - he forgot his password! |                       ~