[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Help wanted with Hercules graphics

joe@erix.ericsson.se (Joe Armstrong) (11/22/88)

Anybody know anthing about hercules graphics?

I'm trying to do some graphics programming with my AT clone - but nothing
seems to work. The BIOS doesn't respond to set-mode and set-pixel calls BUT
programs written for hercules work perfectly.

I have started disassembling some games programs that directly fire
commands at the hercules OUT port, but this is rather difficult since often
the screen goes crazy and I have to reboot the system.

Has anybody got a list of what the different commands to the hercules port
mean?

Many thanks

	- Joe Armstrong

davidg@unsvax.UUCP (David Gonzales) (12/01/88)

One book that might help you with writing graphics code for the Herc
is "Programmer's Guide to the Hercules Graphics Cards". This book
deals with all the information dealing with all of the Herc cards to
date including the Hercules Graphics Card Plus and the Hercules InColor
Card. This book also contains a toolkit of ready-to-run assembly language
routines for the Herc cards. I have ported many of these assembly routines
into C without too much trouble.

						David A. Gonzales

noren@dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) (12/03/88)

In article <394@unsvax.UUCP> davidg@unsvax.uucp (David Gonzales) writes:
>One book that might help you with writing graphics code for the Herc
>is "Programmer's Guide to the Hercules Graphics Cards"...

What's the author and publisher? (ISBN?)
--
Chuck Noren
NET:     ncar!dinl!noren