[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Multiple disk controllers in a "AT" machine

wolfordj@ihlpa.ATT.COM (452is-Wolford) (11/29/88)

Is there any software available to allow the use of two
hard disk controllers in a "AT" type machine.  Both controllers
support he secondary IO port option, but I think I need software
to access the controller that is using the secondary port.

I am using DOS 3.3

Jeff Wolford
att!iwsag!jww
att!ihlpa!wolfordj

harvard-+

ucbvax--+---- att --+ iwsag!jww

decvax--+

jvte@euraiv1.UUCP (Jan van 't Ent) (12/01/88)

wolfordj@ihlpa.ATT.COM (452is-Wolford) writes:
>Is there any software available to allow the use of two
>hard disk controllers in a "AT" type machine.  Both controllers
>support he secondary IO port option, but I think I need software
>to access the controller that is using the secondary port.

I have been using an Olivetti M280 with its 'own' hard disk controller
plus a Conel hard card which has its own controller, and that worked
fine with Olivetti's version of MsDos 3.20 without any special software
adjustments. (Although it seems I can't low level format the Conel disk
in the M280, I use another computer without hard disk to do that.)
<Jan>

Dion_L_Johnson@cup.portal.com (12/04/88)

The current version (2.3.1) of SCO XENIX supports a second
hard disk controller, if you are interested in a UNIX environment.

re: