[comp.sys.ibm.pc] "ICE'ing" a PS/2 mod 30

parrott@xyzzy.UUCP (Greg Parrott) (12/01/88)

Has anyone in netland been able to get a PS/2 mod 30 to work with an
Intel I2ICE 8086 pod?  I've tried just about everything I can think
of, even called Intel (local rep.)  Any replies will be appreciated.
I can be reached by voice at (919) 248-5856.  Thanks.

jcw@jwren.UUCP (John C. Wren) (12/05/88)

In article <2106@xyzzy.UUCP> parrott@.UUCP () writes:
>Has anyone in netland been able to get a PS/2 mod 30 to work with an
>Intel I2ICE 8086 pod?  I've tried just about everything I can think
>of, even called Intel (local rep.)  Any replies will be appreciated.
>I can be reached by voice at (919) 248-5856.  Thanks.

I am currently using an Intel I2ICE 80286 (10mhz) on at AT clone.  I spent
3 hours fooling with the stupid thing before coming across an obscure
reference in the COENAB section of the manual that says to emulate an
IBM machine, you need to set COENAB=TRUE, even if you don't have a co-
processor.  This lets the DMA based dynamic ram refresh stuff work correctly.
Hope this helps.
						- John C. Wren
						  jcw@jwren