[comp.sys.ibm.pc] terminal for ibm pc

joh@oakhill.UUCP (Joe Hollinger) (12/09/88)

This is a novice question but here goes:

	Is there a way to connect a normal ascii terminal to a AT,
	in place of the keyboard and display.  I would like to be
	able to run a async line from the back of my Sun and be
	able to access the pc using tip or kermit. I don't just
	want to do file transfers I want to be able to use the pc
	from the sun. Note that I do not need to be able to do any
	screen oriented stuff, just compiles and such. Thanks for
	any leads on this.

joss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Josh Sirota) (12/10/88)

In article <1732@blockhead.oakhill.UUCP> joh@oakhill.UUCP (Joe Hollinger) writes:
>Is there a way to connect a normal ascii terminal to a AT, in place of the
>keyboard and display.  I would like to be able to run a async line from the
>back of my Sun and be able to access the pc using tip or kermit. I don't
>just want to do file transfers I want to be able to use the pc from the sun.
>Note that I do not need to be able to do any screen oriented stuff, just
>compiles and such. Thanks for any leads on this.

No problem.  On the PC, set up the port to the right specs with MODE -
(i.e., C>mode com1:9600,n,8,1).  Then say "ctty com1" (no colon).

The only way to get it back is to use the new console on com1 and say "ctty
con" or to reboot.

Josh
--
Josh Sirota