[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo C Match Toolbox

psrc@poseidon.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (12/10/88)

< Gee, it's hard to follow-up to the digest from Usenet! >

In article <8812061833.AA16427@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, Info-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL writes:
> Date: Tue, 29 Nov 88 14:13:11 IST
> From: yaki avimor <MAR6000%TECHNION.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
> Subject: Turbo C Math Toolbox
>
> Can someone up there recommend me about good C math toolbox for the turbo
> C compiler? it should include routins for MATRIX hendling and linear EQ.
> if someone has sources to share i'll be gratefull; thanks.

And comes an answer

> Date: Tue, 29 Nov 88 22:27:34 GMT
> From: Gregory Hicks - COMFLEACT Chinhae <COMFLEACT@TAEGU-EMH1.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject: C Math Toolbox
>
> Borland also has a Turbo Numerical Toolbox that does what you want.
>
> Disclaimer:  Never used it myself, but one Operations Research colleague
> uses it frequently.  Also uses it doing Economic Models...
>Gregory Hicks

Borland's "Turbo Numeric Toolbox" (really "Turbo Pascal Numerical
Methods") is a Turbo *Pascal* add-on!  You get source, so you'd
presumably be able to port by hand to C.  I don't know if it contains
TP 4.0 or 5.0 .LIB files, which you could call from C.

The Programmer's Connection catalog lists something called the C Math
Toolbox from Silver State Software (list $89, PC $85), but there's not
much info on what it does.  Ditto for Lattice's SSP/PC Scientific
Subroutine Package (list $350, PC $269).  Call PC at 216-494-3781
(800-336-1166 from the U.S., or from Canada, 800-225-1166) for details.

Paul S. R. Chisholm, psrc@poseidon.att.com (formerly psc@lznv.att.com)
AT&T Bell Laboratories, att!poseidon!psrc, AT&T Mail !psrchisholm
I'm not speaking for the company, I'm just speaking my mind.