[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need "TIME" and "DATE" loader for AT&T PC6300

krogers@esunix.UUCP (Keith Rogers) (11/29/88)

     I recently upgraded my PC6300 with a vanilla DOS 3.3 and am now
looking for a program which will load the date and time from the clock/
calendar backup found thereon.  Please e-mail anything helpful;
programs, instructions, references, addresses, &c.  Thanks in advance.

Keith Rogers
UUCP: utah-cs!esunix!krogers

jxh@cup.portal.com (Jim - Hickstein) (12/06/88)

I just sent my source to this fellow.  I wrote a Logitech Modula-2 program
to do the very thing.  In case anyone else wants to take a stab at it,
either beg me to post the source, or take the following in hand:

AT&T PC6300 BIOS
INT 1A
ENTRY	(AH) = FE (-2)
EXIT	(BX) = days since 1984-Jan-01 (1=1984-Jan-01)
	(CH) = hour
	(CL) = minute
	(DH) = second
	(DL) = hundredth

I have the Set time function, too, somewhere, but it's late...

My program has an iteration with an ugly expression (ugly even in M2) which
figures out how many of the intervening years since 1984 were leap years and
does the right thing.  I know it works, because I fixed it again last
March 32nd, when my user community brought this to my attention. :-)

-Jim Hickstein
jxh@cup.portal.com
...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!jxh
"I'll burn that bridge when I get to it!"

brand@janus.uucp (Graham Brand) (12/10/88)

In article <1117@esunix.UUCP> krogers@esunix.UUCP (Keith Rogers) writes:

>     I recently upgraded my PC6300 with a vanilla DOS 3.3 and am now
>looking for a program which will load the date and time from the clock/
>calendar backup found thereon.  Please e-mail anything helpful;
>programs, instructions, references, addresses, &c.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Keith Rogers
>UUCP: utah-cs!esunix!krogers

I am also interested. Please post info or copy to me as well.

Thanks,
-Graham Brand (..!ucbvax!ucbjanus!brand)