[comp.sys.ibm.pc] file formats

bobc@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Bob Calbridge) (12/12/88)

	Several months ago, in response to an inquiry I had concerning another
problem, someone mentioned the name of a book that had a fairly comprehensive
description of the file formats of many popular DOS applications.  Having since
dumped that file I find that I am in need of that name again.  Can anyone
provide the name and the most likely availability, bookstore-wise?  The
authors name might help also.

Merci beaucoup in advance

hermit@shockeye.UUCP (Mark Buda) (12/14/88)

In article <6391@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> bobc@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Bob Calbridge) writes:

>	Several months ago, in response to an inquiry I had concerning another
>problem, someone mentioned the name of a book that had a fairly comprehensive
>description of the file formats of many popular DOS applications.

Maybe the book was "File Formats for Popular PC Software" by Jeff Walden.
(c) 1986 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
ISBN 0-471-83671-0

Or maybe it wasn't.
--
Mark Buda / Smart UUCP: hermit@shockeye.uucp / Phone(work):(717)299-5189
Dumb UUCP: ...rutgers!bpa!vu-vlsi!devon!shockeye!hermit