[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Disk Drive Help needed.

news@littlei.UUCP (12/17/88)

Does anyone have any information about a SyQuest Model SQ 306R
disk drive. It is a 10MB removable 5 1/4" disk drive. I am looking
for documents and a place to buy the disk packs.

Thanks

     -- Carlos Qualls
        Intel Corp.
        5200 N. E. Elam Young Parkway
        Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
        (503) 696-7532
	littlei%clq                 |  littlei:clq
    ...!tektronix!reed!littlei!clq  |  clq@littlei.hf.intel.com
    ...!uunet!littlei!clq           |  clq@littlei.uu.net

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (12/20/88)

You ought to be able to get the manual from Syquest.  I've bought
cartridges for the 5 megabyte model from Hamilton-Avnet in
Missouri.

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (12/22/88)

In article <453@gandalf.littlei.UUCP> clq@clq.hf.intel.com (Carlos Qualls) writes:
>Does anyone have any information about a SyQuest Model SQ 306R
>disk drive. It is a 10MB removable 5 1/4" disk drive. I am looking
>
>Thanks
>
>     -- Carlos Qualls

You  might want to try a Heath Zenith dealer.  They used to sell a removeable
disk pack package as an add-on for the Zenith machines and I think
the drives were made by Syquest.

IBM also used to put Syquest disks in some PC's they built for the
government, but most IBM service centers probably won't know much
about items on a federal contract.

You could also check some vendor listings and get Syquest's address.  They
probably won't sell to an end user, but they may be able to point
you to a distributor.

Bruce Carlson