[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Dump EGA screen to printer

Kim.Tan@p1004.f162.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kim Tan) (12/07/88)

Hi!
I would like to know whether is there a software to dump my graphic
screen produced on my EGA to a dot matrix printer.
I tryed the graphic.com that comes with DOS, but it does not work. It
printed junk stuffs on my printer. If there is a software that is PD,
please let me know and I would like to get hold of it.
Thanks in advance.
Kim Tan

--
 Kim Tan - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!162.1004!Kim.Tan

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (12/14/88)

In article <928.23A026F0@isishq.FIDONET.ORG>, Kim.Tan@p1004.f162.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kim Tan) writes:
> Hi!
> I would like to know whether is there a software to dump my graphic
> screen produced on my EGA to a dot matrix printer.
> I tryed the graphic.com that comes with DOS, but it does not work. It
> printed junk stuffs on my printer. If there is a software that is PD,
> please let me know and I would like to get hold of it.
> Thanks in advance.
> Kim Tan

Me too!  The GRAPHICS.COM program that comes with DOS is for the CGA
and the Epson 9-pin printers.  I have an EGA and an Epson LQ-800, and
sure would appreciate something equivalent.
--
Clayton E. Cramer
{pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer          (Note new path!)

simon@ms.uky.edu (Simon Gales) (12/15/88)

In article <716@optilink.UUCP> cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:

>Me too!  The GRAPHICS.COM program that comes with DOS is for the CGA
>and the Epson 9-pin printers.  I have an EGA and an Epson LQ-800, and
>sure would appreciate something equivalent.

Dos 4.0 supports EGA graphics printscreens, and will even try to match up
the colors if you have a color printer.

Has anyone seen a printer that can print 256 greylevels/colors, and print
512x512 bitmaps?  I've thought about a laser with a scanner, but can it
reproduce 256 different levels of grey?

  Simon Gales@University of Ky         UUCP:   {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon
                                       Arpa:   simon@ms.uky.edu
  MaBell: (606) 263-2285/257-3597      BitNet: simon@UKMA.BITNET
  Simon Gales@University of Ky         UUCP:   {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon
                                       Arpa:   simon@ms.uky.edu
  MaBell: (606) 263-2285/257-3597      BitNet: simon@UKMA.BITNET

831059l@aucs.UUCP (Langlois) (12/16/88)

	I think that if anyone knows of a program to dump an EGA screen
to a dot-matrics printer, the info should be posted as I am sure many
people would like to have such a program.

Steven Langlois     UUCP:     {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!831059l
Acadia University   BITNET:   Steven@Acadia
Wolfville, NS       Internet: Steven%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
CANADA  B0P 1X0

ward@chinet.chi.il.us (Ward Christensen) (12/19/88)

In message <1452@aucs.UUCP>:
  >I think that if anyone knows of a program to dump an EGA screen
  >to a dot matrix printer, the info should be posted as I am sure many
  >people would like to have such a program.
  Most people feel that Pizazz, from Application Techniques, is the
premier screen print program - allows scaling, rotating, color and
pattern substitution, etc.  They support a "ton" of displays and
printers.  I use it on my Canon PJ-1080A ink jet, my Epson JX-80 color
and my HP DeskJet.
  On 14-Aug-88, Josh Kaminstein 74565,173 said: "Ward, PC Connection
has Pizazz Plus, the latest version which supports VGA screen dumps,
for $75. A little pricey but not an unreasonable amount."

krause@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (12/19/88)

In Richard Wilton's "Programmer's Guide to PC & PS/2 Video Systems",
he gives code for screen dumps to Epson-type printers for CGA and EGA,
along with VGA with a trivial modification.  They are pretty easy to figure
out and modify, but you do need to provide a "shell" to invoke them (or
rewrite them as TSRs, I suppose).  Anyway...I recommend the book.

						James Krause

goes@oregon.uoregon.edu (Jim Goes (goes@oregon.uoregon.edu)) (12/22/88)

--
There's a nice little program around that does this for Epson printers.
It's call EGAEPSON, and you can find it in PD1:<MSDOS.EGA> on SIMTEL20.