[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Western Digital 286 MotherBoard

jshah@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Jigish Shah) (12/22/88)

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this board, will it fit into a PC
case.  I was thinking of getting it to replace it in my IBM PC, I have seen it
at one Mail Order house for $499 The name of the place is USA FLEX.
					Thanks

blyde@cg-atla.UUCP (Sue Blyde) (12/23/88)

The Western Digital Motherboard comes in two flavors... Both of them have a
Western Digital hard disk controller (1:1 interleaf) and a display board (EGA)
embedded in the motherboard. The earlier model does not allow you to
override either the controller or the display board! The newer board does
have a jumper to enable/ disable these components. Be careful! If have the
old board and you want to upgrade to VGA you will have problems.

				Susan Blyde

stevel@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Steve Ligett) (01/03/89)

In article <6384@cg-atla.UUCP> blyde@cg-atla.UUCP (Sue Blyde) writes:
>The Western Digital Motherboard comes in two flavors... Both of them have a
>Western Digital hard disk controller (1:1 interleaf) and a display board (EGA)
>embedded in the motherboard. ...

They also
have one
that has
a VGA on
it.
Steve Ligett       steve.ligett@dartmouth.edu or
(decvax harvard linus true)!dartvax!steve.ligett