[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Microsoft Word & Everex VGA Card

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (01/05/89)

I've been using an Everex VGA card in conjunction with Microsoft Word, and
if I use the /H switch on Word, I get 60 lines/screen -- but there are no
useful color combinations!  All of them are two adjacent colors, and are
completely unreadable.  I've tried several of the many, many modes of
the VGA card, and none of them are useable except for 25 lines/screen.

Does anyone have a useful way of running Word in 60 lines/screen mode
(or even EGA mode 43 lines/screen) on the Everex VGA?  My home system
EGA card has crapped out, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy
another EGA card, or buy a VGA.  I would prefer the VGA, but not if
I can't Word to do anything useful with the extra lines.

Email preferred, because I have to make a card purchase decision
--
Clayton E. Cramer
{pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer          (Note new path!)

michael@roberta.UUCP (Michael A. Moran ) (01/09/89)

In article <769@optilink.UUCP>, cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
> I've been using an Everex VGA card in conjunction with Microsoft Word, and
> if I use the /H switch on Word, I get 60 lines/screen -- but there are no
> useful color combinations!  All of them are two adjacent colors, and are

I have been using the Everex EVGA (EV-673) for over a year now.  I also
use Word routinely.  I have never encountered the problem you mention.  I get
58 lines per screen and can use any of the normal 16 colors for either
background or forground.  You can call the Everex support BBS (415) 683-2924
or call tech. support and ask for help.

P.S.  I have no affiliation with Everex other than being a mostly satisfied
customer.

--
Michael A. Moran
{ ...}!comix!roberta!michael