[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Toshiba T3100 Hard Disk Upgrade

spence@utstat.uucp (Ian Spence) (01/08/89)

I have a 2 year old Toshiba T3100.  I am happy with the machine, but would
like a bigger hard disk than the standard 10Mb disk.  Anyone know of a
solution?  Is there a user installable HD kit that could increase the
capacity to 20 or preferably 40 Mb?

bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) (01/11/89)

In article <1989Jan7.224948.8103@utstat.uucp>, spence@utstat.uucp (Ian Spence) writes:
> I have a 2 year old Toshiba T3100.  I am happy with the machine, but would
> like a bigger hard disk than the standard 10Mb disk.  Anyone know of a
> solution?  Is there a user installable HD kit that could increase the

You can get a 20MB disk for $780, but you must send your machine away to have
the work done.  Call 415-786-9007 for info.  The 40MB drive used in the 3200
and 5100 won't fit in the 3100 case (too bad).

Some advice - get a CMOS battery for your machine before it dies.  Mine died
in June, and it took months to get a replacement from Toshiba.
--
Bill Michaelson - uh... princeton!mccc!cosi!bill, I think.
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026