[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Telix -- how to get it?

jeremy@mips.COM (Jeremy M. Schneider) (01/11/89)

I am new to the world of public domain, shareware, and downloading
software via modem.  How do I get all this neat software that
everyone keeps talking about.  Particularly telix. (sp?)

I am in the S.F. Bay area.

Thanks,

--
Jeremy M. Schneider                     jeremy@mips.com
MIPS Computer Systems                   {ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!jeremy

hazela@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Jose Reynaldo Setti) (01/12/89)

In article <11024@dunkshot.mips.COM> jeremy@mips.COM (Jeremy M. Schneider) writes:
>I am new to the world of public domain, shareware, and downloading
>software via modem.  How do I get all this neat software that
>everyone keeps talking about.  Particularly telix. (sp?)

For those interested in giving some bucks to the phone companies,
Exis (the company that markets Telix) has set a support BBS at
416-284-0682, where the latest version of Telix can be found.
The manual says : "At the current time, the support
BBS is open to all callers. It is almost certain that in the future
however it will be restricted to registered users of Telix."

Disclaimer: I have just used Telix once. I don't have any relationship
            with Exis, Telix or any other people that might use a
            modem. I'm just trying to be helpful.

johnm@trsvax.UUCP (01/13/89)

>software via modem.  How do I get all this neat software that
>everyone keeps talking about.  Particularly telix. (sp?)

Telix can be had from the CompuServe IBM communications forum (GO IBMCOM), or
directly from Exis Inc. itself.

Exis wants $10 US or $12 Canadian for an evaluation disk set (with manual on
disk) or $35 US or $44 Canadian for registration (which includes a copy of the
latest version of Telix).  The address is:

                         Exis Inc.
                         Post Office Box 130
                         West Hill, Ont., M1E 4R4

I registered a day or two after I got it.

John Munsch

palowoda@megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) (01/13/89)

From article <11024@dunkshot.mips.COM>, by jeremy@mips.COM (Jeremy M. Schneider):
> I am new to the world of public domain, shareware, and downloading
> software via modem.  How do I get all this neat software that
> everyone keeps talking about.  Particularly telix. (sp?)
>
> I am in the S.F. Bay area.

     I run a bbs near S.F. that has Telex Version 3-11.
     Phone 415-796-3686 1200/2400.
     The files are in the 'msdos_comm' files area.

     ---Bob

--
 Bob Palowoda
 Work: {sun,decwrl,pyramid}!megatest!palowoda