[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC BBS's

rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (01/12/89)

I got no responses to my last message, and I'm desparately in need
of BBS software for an IBM PC.  I'm willing to pay hard cash.
I need recommendations from users as well as any other suggestions
people might have.  Doesn't anybody still use the PC?         -tom

bkbarret@sactoh0.UUCP (Brent K. Barrett) (01/13/89)

In article <6040@polya.Stanford.EDU>, rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:
> I got no responses to my last message, and I'm desparately in need
> of BBS software for an IBM PC.  I'm willing to pay hard cash.
> I need recommendations from users as well as any other suggestions
> people might have.  Doesn't anybody still use the PC?         -tom

 Yes, I do, and I run a BBS (ATKeep at 916-726-4989, Sacramento,
CA). I run the CitPlus software I maintain in Turbo C 2.0 code.
It's based on CrT's Citadel-80 and Hue, Jr.'s Citadel-86.

 I know of various other types of shareware/pd software (CitPlus is
PD, BTW) for the PC. What do you have in mind? What are your needs,
and what is your hardware setup?

--
 "Somebody help me! I'm trapped in this computer!"

 Brent Barrett ..pacbell!sactoh0!bkbarret GEMAIL: B.K.BARRETT

ads4@tank.uchicago.edu (adam david sah) (01/16/89)

You want a cheap, VERY RELIABLE PC BBs software (easy top configure, too.) [did I forget fast, user-friendly....] -

TRY SEARCHLIGHT BBS

Call my bbs at 312-752-1604 for a demo today! Or try the original Searchlight BBs (516-724-0971) both run 300-2400 bps 24hrs and 7dfays

mine is down until mid-week... (power supply failure...